Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Good News!

I just learned that Cracker has a new CD out with all new material. The bad part is, it's been out since June 6th, the day after my pass ended. I got to Kuwait on June 9th. I'm thrilled that they have a new one out. It's about time. That's it...I'm getting it for myself for Christmas. Horse Slayer didn't tell me about this. Did he even know?...better e-mail his ass. Oops. Sorry about the language...well, you'l are heathens anyhow.

I learned a couple of days ago that someone did an open letter break up with their partner on the day I got to Kuwait. I can't say my relationship is as bad as that. This person did what they had to do. They were open and honest. I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way...

Hey! But Cracker is doing something besides compilations and Country covers.

Can I take my Gun up to Heaven?

The Appalachianist

13 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

In a game of 'Dead or Alive', I would have pegged them as dead. I hope the CD lives up to your excitement level, AI.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

Darn you and your conversion to the new Google/Blogger thing, AI. I can't sign in as Murf but I kind like the 'm'.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Cracker is not dead,they still played and did things, just nothing new.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got to hear the country version of that song you already hate so much..oh, that's just bad, i don't care what you call it,,it's just bad.i sware, i think it made my cat go into heat, and spud n debs dogs just howled their lungs out.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

HAHA! Is it not the worse song EVER, TCK? Despite what AI says, it makes Hinder look all that much better.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Tomcatskitten...the bad thing about that, not only the song, other than it is a wimpy song, is, Spud n Deb have hounds. I can hear them in full cry. You in heat? Should I go there?

Murf, I don't know much about Hinder other than they are called frat boys and they have a limp wristed song on the air.
I'm off...

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

murf, all i know is that country version makes even my catawalling sound good, i knew of tone deaf, but this is tone stupid! a.i. i tried to listen to the cracker things, it was very on and off, guess i will have to go get the cd. if you come to visit, i promise i will not try to sing, maybe purr a little, but no singing.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

Yeah, and Cracker is such a manly band. ;-)

All this Cracker talk made me listen to 'Mr. Wrong' last night. Great song.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Dear Ms. Kitten, half of that was addressed at Murf, She has no inhibitions about carrying on a conversation on my blog...So, Ladies, go right ahead. I learned, fortunatly, not the hard way, that women pretty much do what they like. You just have to treat them good enough that they act in your best interest. Neither of you see it out of my best interest, so go ahead.

Now, for the other half, If I was to come to visit, I'd have to leave Iraq. Plenty of time for singing lessons. Can you do "I hate my generation"? Don't feel bad, I couldn't get it to play at all.:(

So, OPEN COMMENT TO MY BROTHER...Have you heard it? Most likely not, but, when you do let me know. I haven't ordered it yet.

Sorry, Murf. I knew you had some good taste somewhere. LOL. Just teasing. My buddy Horseslayer, that's his user name, Mr. Wrong. The bad thing is he has tried to live up to it. The dummy. He got out of jail, didn't get his life together, he got a tattoo on his neck. Now, he wonders whay he can't get a job...
"I drive a one eyed Malibu without a muffler and the tape deck works if you kick it hard enough..."

A funny thing, we both knew a fellar who had a Delta 88. It needed a paint job bad. We joked about buying it and spray painting it black, and getting some fake leather seats from Juarez. We couldn't have gotten the seats.
He said it ran great and other than gas he would drive the thing to Montana...
"she's got hands like a man with hair on the back, she'll crush you with her embrace".

12:31 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

AI, I didn't realize you had a rule about not carrying on conversations on your blog. Not that I would have followed that rule... :-p

5:25 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well everyone was having a conversation that time and then up and apologised to me...
I know it.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really, i would rather hear spud n debs hounds over most of the music being put out now..i grew up with the sound of coon hounds. it was beautiful to sit on a opposite mountain side and watch the lights work the hills, and on clear cool nights the sound of the dogs echoed off the mountains, and when the tone would change when they would make a hit, it was just beautifull sound.i miss it.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, full cry! I'd rather hear those dogs o, but, it's the classic houling sound to bad music.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home