Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Get a Load of This

I found this over at Elvis's place. He's Batman. Now, Spider Man was my favorite Super Hero when I was a youngin. Dracula was my favorite monster, I've allways been a Transylvanian Patriot. He got to put his mouth on all of those womens necks too. Oh, Spider Man. They potrayed him as some mega wimp in the last movie. It's like that silly "Lips of An Angel" song that I've heard way too many times on the radio. "Oh, I'm bleeding...Everyone see me bleeding?" Come on, am I that bad?

Thankfully...



Your results:
You are Spider-Man
























Spider-Man
65%
Superman
65%
The Flash
60%
Iron Man
50%
Robin
50%
Supergirl
50%
Hulk
50%
Green Lantern
40%
Wonder Woman
35%
Catwoman
30%
Batman
15%
You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility.


Click here to take the Superhero Personality Quiz




But there's more here than meets the eye
The real story is under the surface
We're all so in love with the artifice
We don't dare look too close


In a world full of "ism's" break free to Appalachiaism
The Appalachianist...

15 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

I agree with that assessment. I can't believe you are badmouthing Hinder's song. Did you know that there is a country version out also? If you thought the original was bad (and I don't but you seem to), don't check out that version. *shiver*

1:33 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

See there, Murf, the band even has a wimpy name.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

supergirl? but i always liked wonderwomans outfit, and catwomans personality..geash..go ahead and bite me!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, a pretty extensive list, but they are missing one Super Hero. But, I'm sure that Invisible Man is also there on the list, but you just can't see him.

A.G.T. who is blogger-beta'd out of signing in.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Annon, All of us guy's liked Super Girl, Wonder Womans outfit (Is there a Wicked Weasel version?) and Cat Womans personality,amongst other things, too.

Gunner, Plastic Man...I think it would be cool to be him, but, I'd be a petroleum product...Kinda like Michael Jackson.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo said...

Cool, man. Spiderman is by far my favorite of the Marvel comic books even though I was always in the D.C. camp as a kid.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found a 1968,july spinder man commic book on line, with madusa in it and another where he meet the scorpion,,from i think may of 1968

9:22 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Elvis, I was one of those kids that was partial to Sgt Rock in the actual comics. I really didn't have any. But, a buddy of mine has quite a collection, from adulthood.

Tomkatskitten, it's the first thing in the morning and they are playinf hnder on AFN...this has to stop. Ok, back to comics. The cool thing about that was I was born between issues.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the, whatever, and am now a Spiderman, but really, doesn't anyone read Scrooge McDuck anymore. I am so far behind evryone, but I'm trying . . . . If I had my comics from when I was little, I would be retired as I am retired, but I would be retired with money. Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of men. The Shadow . . . .

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i did find junes a little later,they consider these to be from the silver era. you have to love the art work on the covers of these..junes caption reads "what a tangled web we weave"..they are a little expencive..i bet you would have saved a few..

5:48 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I remember him Sipes. I can't remember too much.

Tomkatskitten, I can only imagine.

I wasn't much of a comics kid.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

What kinda kid were you?

7:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You are allways asking me hard questions M(urf)!

I got inot the Cowboys and Indians stuff. Oh, the fronteir was great!

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so which were you a cowboy or an indian? that games the first time i was informed we had native heritage..i ran into the house and informed my mother "the only good indian is a dead indian." at which she almost showed me what counting coup was...wicked weasle..na, you're not going to get anyone into that outfit.no matter how how much truth there is to it.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Being blonde headed and all, I was allways a cowboy. Actually, I prefered the Fronteirsman. But, I always knew I had Cherokee in me. I was always fascinated with the other side.

as for the Wonder Weasel outfit, you never know.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home