Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Look, I'm being nice

Happy Thanksgiving. Yep, I remembered it. If I wasn't here I know where I would be in the morning. Same place I was last year, getting ready to climb up that Mountain with Ray. I know where he will be. Now, theres no telling where Twister will be, he is supposed to be using that tree stand I rebuilt last winter though. I know where Mike will be.

I posted a picture...boots and all , but, Blogger is not showing it. Dunno...It's an imperfect world.
As well, I've been an imperfect blogger. I know, spelling and grammer, but, I have a post in draft and since I've been imperfectly sick, I've not finished it.

I was doing post checks about 0130 the other morning. I saw a shooting star, but, the Iraqis distracted me from making a wish...
The Appalachianist

10 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

Janie and I will try to patiently wait for that perfect picture.

Happy Thanksgiving, AI.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

And I say, its ok still to make your wish....

Hope you are feeling better.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...forgot to give you my hugs...

hugs~

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving, Appalachian!

Annalis

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you switched to the beta blogger yet? It is easier to use.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweetie!
Be safe!
~xo

8:11 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thank, You Murf, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
I don't know when the pic will post.

Thank You Janie. Now, if I could judt remember what I was going to wish for...
Hugs back

Annalis, so sweet of you to stop by. I hope you have a good and peaceful Thanksgiving.

Jimmy K., I suppose I need to break down and try it. I was still buying vinal when everyone was buying CD's. In the words of Cracker, "Some day I'll get it right".

Lee Ann, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
XO back at ya...

And too all of you other heathens that refuse to comment...

11:20 PM  
Blogger sage said...

in order to keep from being classified as a heathen...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving over there--shooting stars across the desert sky are special.

10:42 AM  
Blogger sage said...

in order to keep from being classified as a heathen...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving over there--shooting stars across the desert sky are special.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too, and hope I'm not intruding, but have a happy thanksgiving and don't never worry bout the spellin, you doin good- thank you very much bill sipes

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home