Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Back here in Iraq

Well, I got back into Taji Fiday mid day. It rained again while I was away and everything is muddy. It's also about 20 degrees cooler than when I left. Everyone walks around with a jacket. My lap top spent the night getting reloaded and my internet was disconnected for some usual series of events. Now I have to go and have them re run the line.

The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Blogger Harold/AQ said...

Welcome back to the grind! Hope you had a good Veterans Day in spite of it all!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the postings and the comments, and I try to think of what to write as comment. I read your comments about bear hunting back in the mountains about standing so close to the bear in the foliage as the dogs went into it. Yep, he's in there. It sent chills just reading it. I want to buy you breakfast at Kelly's or supper at the Twin Dragon is it? Take care William A. "Bill" Sipes SFC USAR RET

8:11 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

AQ! Thanks. Yeah, she's grinding...grinding in the mud...

SFC Sipes(Ret!) Thanks, but that won't be for a while and, I'm told they are getting ready to shut Kelly's down.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Stay safe sweetie!
~xo

6:40 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

So...20 degrees cooler would make it what? Finally under 100 degrees?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I will Lee Ann. Thanks.

Murf, yeah, highs in the mid 70's with lows in the low 40's. When I left it was mid 90's.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well Bubba, you won't ever lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it. You'll be home before long I'm sure and settling back into the other grind. I feel like I ought to be saying something either witty or wise here, but I'm not awake enough to be witty and everything wise I ever said I stole from somebody's song.

Good luck.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home