Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Iraqi Mice and the Kiss of Death

I've got a mouse. It must have came in underneath my door.At night I can hear him taring into care packages, today he boldly ran in front of me. I once had a good shot at him with my running shoes, but couldn't reach them in time. I have a sticky trap that my commander gave me from his office. Now, that mouse is another story...I'd tell you but, I'm losing my patience for typing. But, mouse of present has been baited with Hershey Kisses (that's all he eats apparently). I call it, the kiss of death. I know, he's only trying to survive in this hell hole. I want to call him "Mustafa" for a teenage Iraqi with a quick eager mind I know, but, I like Mustafa and I can't catch the mouse without hurting him. He has to die, he will cause problems. So, I won't name him, but, he can at least eat a Hershey's Kiss as he lay's there on the sticky trap.

The Appalachianist

6 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

That's the way I wanna go - stuck to the ground but nibbling on chocolate.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time for a recoilless rifle type solution the heck with chockolet. My smelling is gettin bad reading about all of these meeses running around the houch. Pretend its a bear and take care of it. Take care anyway. Bill Sipes (I went back searching for the posting on the recoilless rifle to check my spelling but couldn't find it in time to post.)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Get yourself an Iraqi "Death Cat". You can even name it.

Dig a small hole, fill the bottom with sharpened sticks (what were they called, pungi sticks?), pull a tiny rug over it and put a kiss on top of it. Heh heh heh. That'll get him.

Drop an anvil on him. (Note: in the cartoons I've watched, this method is surprisingly ineffective.)

Something they said in the classic American motion picture "The Waterboy" certianly applies here and should provide you much inspiration: You can DO it!"

4:25 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, Sipes, Ed, LMAO!

Murf, I could see that. I had to laugh.

Sipes, the blow back would knock my pin ups off of the wall.

Ed, You might bee right about the anvil.

Actually I put him out last physically. He's out there alone fending for himself. Nothing personal to him, but he wasn't going to live with me.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

He's probably better off. I could imagine you would be tough to live with. :-)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot the pinups.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home