Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Poetry Wrapped In Strategy

Poetry sucks. People blather out a whole lot of sentimental nothing for the sake of nothing...All poetry sucks unless it has a useful quote. Like "the the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry..." So, your not getting any of that silly useless tear jerking drama stuff from me. Go some where useless for that. It's your right.

Some times I need a laugh, so, I read my horoscope on Free Will Astrology. He's a witty hippie.
Yet he has further inspired me...(Better read it before Wednesday and he runs a new one) My Horoscope. This has emboldened me to carry on my revolution of change for the way I think things ought to be.

Yep, this here is my bully pulpit.

Let's start with New Years. Someone is going to get drunk and make an ass out of themselves. Why? Because everybody knows the world is full of stupid people. Someones going to smile and kiss someone when it's their New Years resolution to ditch that person. Cops are going to frame people for DUI, pound their chest that they are protecting the public, then go home and beat their wife. Why? Because everybody knows the world is full of stupid people. Someone is going to overdose from celebrating with drugs.

I'm not trying to tell you your business, but if you see a stupid person...Run. Stupid people sow stupidity, so they reap stupidity. The trouble is, your the garden. Get way from stupid people.

Now, I ain’t gonna crawl upon no high horse cause I got thrown off of one when I was young and I ain’t no cowboy so I ain’t going where I don’t belong. I'm just saying it like it is. Honesty is my only excuse.

God bless you'll, I love yuns. But don't get stupid on me.

That ain't my title. A really cool lady friend said that about me once. She's poetry wrapped in a nice figure if you ask me. But, I got a real kick out of that.


Sua Sponte...And don't tread on me
The Appalachianist

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

na, you better stay off those high horses a.i. some times you don't realise what your showing from up there,,i could have told you you were persuasive...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

What makes me persuasive, Ms. Kitten?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I read your "horror"scope. So I have a full year of you complainin' to look forward to. Great! I appreciate the warning. Post the occasional boot picture and you'll still have me and Janie as readers. ;)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear. Poetry aint so bad, but a wise man once said, "You can't fix stupid," so you have someone who agrees with you about part of it, but I had to laugh about what tomcatskitten said. The view can be something different and that's ok Even so this crowd is gonna hang with you, and its like my dog said after finally learning to lick its butt. Its "ruff." It was the beginning of a short poem! Don't try to make any sense out of it. I am still laughing. Take care always and happy New Year to you and all who care about you. Thank you. Bill Sipes

4:30 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I wish I could think of a poem right now...

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too . . . a poem that is . . . and an easy day with what is going on in Iraq , , , meaning Husein's demise. Take care.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Your welcome Murf (Ahfwan). I hope you enjoy it.

Bill, I'm glad your dog has figured that out.

Sage, go ahead torture me...Theres this guy back home folks call "Oatmeal", does some really weird poetry. I've never heard it, but everyone say's it's weird.

Music poetry is different, like Bob Dylan.

Bill, Yep. They hung him.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just have a way of puting things..oh yes,,and the power of the boots,,don't forget those.

4:19 PM  
Blogger sage said...

on NPR yesterday there was an interview of the leader of the Scottish group, Belle & Stabastin, who said that he gave up writing poetry and started writing lyrics because music is just bad poetry!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Maybe I should send you a wore out pair, Kitty.

LMAO Sage. It's true sometimes...

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to all! out with the old in with the new..ai, that includes boots! yuck!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey cutie!
Happy New Year!
~xo
Lee Ann

2:45 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

TCK, Lee Ann, Happy New Years.

Off Spring of a Tom Cat, want a pair of socks too?

I was going to comment over at your place Lee Ann, but,since I'm beta and your not it wipes everything out when it's time for me to long in.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home