Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nationalised Vulgarity

I didn't plan on posting another video, but, when I found this on Reason, I couldn't resist. WARNING! Vulgar language ahead. Otherwise, laugh, chuckle and be humored.

Nationalised CitiBank.


I'll tap the keys again here soon enough.
The Appalachianist

8 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

i saw this a few days ago--I think it would as funny--probably even more so--without the constant use of the "F" word

9:11 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Funny -- but at the same time deadly serious.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I hav a guy at Ft. Knox Ky right now. He called me a while ago and said yesterday it was 77 and it sleeted this morning.

Sage, I think it could have been as funny wit out the use of the "F" word. They put emphasis on it. The substance is funy enough.

LL, don't tell me, you have business with Citibank. Take the drug test, sign the Righteous Agreement...But, yeah, it's getting spookier by the minute when it comes to Free Market.

2:22 PM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

What would a form of rightousness consist of? Kind of like signing over your first born?

Pretty funny, now I want to see a commercial about shopping for a new car at our new nationalized auto makers : )

7:07 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Pipsqeak, I'm not sure either. That is the Righteousness Agreement. Depends on who's in Office, I suppose.

But I got this little bit I got in an e-mail yesterday.
"Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country and our banking system to the same nit-wits who couldn't make money running a cathouse and selling whiskey!"

5:48 AM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

That's because Bush was in office! Now, had Bill been the one sitting in the big seat, you know it would have been like the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas ; )

6:14 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

LOL, Pipsqeak, funny enough...That is his legacy.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Dey said a baaaaaaaaaad word. Welcome to our culture. I had a Grandfather. I never heard him curse until he hit his thumb with a hammer. I thought the garage door and the whole garage itself would collapse. Cursing is best seldom used, but what do I knoe (that's what I'm saying). Everyone knows where to put the bad word in that last sentence. Bill

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home