Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Unfurl Your Flag...

Crank up the volume, march around the room, flail your arms in the air.
This is as patriotic as it gets.

Yeah, that was breath taking...Brings a tear to the eye.
The Appalachianist

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am offended, I am appalled . . . no, not really. I had a great reply to Etowah and lost it in the posting . . . my computer skills leave a lot to be desired, and, of course, I had to say something about the Chocktaw only to lose it. I would like to see the mounds. At any rate, a storm came through this afternoon and blew a quarter of the huge chinaberry tree onto the back porch . . . I loved that chinaberry . . . I loved my back porch even more . . . the guy in the chef's hat is my cousin . . . ugh . . . I could spit . . . I feel like you did getting put out of the canoe . . . it rained . . . an old fashioned gulleywasher . . . I would say damn if I knew for sure I wouldn't offend someone . . . me and about 5,000 people are calling the tree people right about now . . . take care . . . Bill

5:22 PM  
Blogger jeff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:32 PM  
Blogger sage said...

that was a hoot!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

It came a Thunder Calamity at the house last night too. I'm not sure how it happened but a White Pine on the hill broke half way up. It threw down 1 1/2" of rain that ws badly needed. It knocked the house phone out though.

Yeah, Bill, sometimes you gotta comment quick or it will cut you off.

Jeff? Hmm...Come see us.

Did you flail your arms in the air Sage?

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I must say, in the video it is the penguin who really had it going on. I'm pretty sure he was doing the heavy lifting of carrying the melody.

Had to forego the stomping and flailing as it is early morning and I am in a hotel room. I was with you on it in spirit, though.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I think another cup of joe and some monkey meat and you would have been there for sure.

Now you nosey heathens may wonder what that was about, you gotta read Ed's comments on "Etowah".

I thin the chickens did a pretty good job myself.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone seems to have a favorite character . . . I still think the guy in the chef's cap is my cousin. Bill

5:40 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

You making any money off them google ads?

They're pretty subdued. I just now noticed them.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I also kinda dig the bear...He doing bass?

Not a red cent, Ed.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home