Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Hi Ho Hey!

Greetings heathens...A Ghost To Most - DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
I may not be around for a few days. I'll not dead, I'll be performing (How do you like that word, makes me feel like an actor) Duty of the Army. I have to go to Chattanooga tonight, and then to Athens Sunday, back home Thursday night, and then Athens Saturday morning, for Drill it's self.
Go check out what Traveling/Rambling' Ed wrote on the 4th of July about his Inner Hippie.
The Appalachianist...or all of you taking to calling me Dan...

6 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Hope you have a good trip and that the AC is working!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sage sounds like he has an extra ordinary amount of commonsense . . . an old Irish prayer . . . may your airconditioner always work no matter what. Have a good trip . . . perhaps I'll get that trip to Cherokee this weekend. Bill

2:36 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Boy's it's been one humid day and the Reserve Center I've been is real stuffy too. The inside temp was 85.

I'm on a recruiting mission. A Garrison support Unit is shutting down and we're trying to grab a few NCOs, which I've been able to do. I've picked up two lower enlisted for my Company, but the NCOs are going to another Company in Rome GA.
Time to get gone...

Thanks You'll.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Ghost to most is is my FAVORITE song on that album, followed by Self destructive zones, followed by 3 dimes down. I like those kind of songs the best.

And, when I say "followed by", what I really mean is that whichever of those is on at the time is my favorite at the time.

They all got such great lines. I think Cooley is a literary god.

As always, thanks for the shout out.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, Daniel, number one son wrote from Ft Benning that it was miserable hot down there in Columbus, also last week.

He said Basic was like "a combination of being on a fat farm and in prison at the same time." But they made him squad leader or sumtin' like that so he's pretty proud of that.

But I can't imagine doing basic training in Georgia in July?! I thought I taught him better than that. :-)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Very quickly because I've not even shaved yet.

Ed, NP, well expressed...Come to speak of it, could you see Sage in dread locks? I noticed all of those were Cooley tunes. I was impressed with Shona's suff.

Gunner, I assure you your son is getting a better education at Ft. Benning. I spent three years there, when it's hot it's humid and it's humid it's hot.

BTW I have WIFI curtosey of the US Navy.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home