Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today is the 18th of June, it would be my Grandaddy's Birthday. If he was here, he couldn't have had a better one. It's Beautiful. The skys are crystal clear, the green of the trees contrasting the blueness, the air is fresh. It was 44 at the house, a great night to sleep with the windows up. Today is a fine day.

The Appalachianist

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at the last comment on the previous posting . . . some of that mountain air came to Columbia this morning in the form of a cool breeze. I got out in the yard around 6:00 and worked on my flowers.

6:28 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Happy birthday, Appalachianist's Granddaddy... it's cooled off here too--down in the 40s last night and again tonight--love the cooler weather.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord help us . . . do you mountain folk not know what 103 temperature is . . . I know it's called Iraq everywhere else . . . but here it is called Columbia, South Carolina AKA Fort Jackson . . . to have that cool air . . . heaven, although it has been cooler here lately . . . and dry, I have got to get away to the mountains and just sit in the coolness with out all the mosquitoes and watch a small mountain stream pour from the hillside . . . it doen't take much to entertain . . . . Bill

6:46 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Good Morning you'll.

Bill, I read that comment. I do catch the past post comments, I learned to look back or subscribe to the comments. It's getting to them that is one thing. I sometimes feel like I spend too much time at this thing. Notice I have slacked off...
Interesting about your former Father In Law.

We're about even then Sage. It was in the 40's at my place again this morning.
My Grandfather would have apreciated that. He would have apreciated the day.

It's like a thing a guy said this morning on the 2 meter repeater (K4HXZ, 147.135+)it's "a chamber of commerce kind of day".

6:49 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, that is 130 in Iraq. I caught a thing about an Aircraft Carrier in the Persian Gulf doing Air Support missions into Iraq. The crews talked about it being 130 on the flight deck.

I have to run down your way next month. The Scrren Door of Hell...

6:54 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Yeah, nice up here in northeast KY, also with that humidity finally out of here. And a hearty "Happy Birthday, Dan's Grandad!", also.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Good, Gunner. I don't think any one it, he's been dead 16 years.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

I read that in your post, so I guess I should have made it belated.

Believe the humidity is heading back in this week, also. But, it's summer, it's supposed to be humid.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home