Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What To Say?

It's not that I don't have anything to say...It's wether I feel like saying it or taking the time to say it for that matter.

Quick notes:
Had a great plate of Kufha Kabob, Lebaneese style, in Athens this weekend.

We picked up two more guy's to the Company. One is going to Hunter Ligget with the rest.

I've still got training schedules to write.

I think Barrack Obama is a joke.

We could stand some rain.

Praying for rain
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone without much to say . . . you has shoo-nuff said a lot . . . but anyway . . . you need rain and we had an old fashioned gulley-washer in Columbia yesterday . . . buckets and buckets in a few minutes and then nothing . . . perhaps some soaked in because we had had some rain a few days before and the ground was not so hard . . . want to take my grandchildren to see Unto These Hills soon . . . good old Cherokee and the Oconoluftee and all the plastic dodads you can buy . . . an old fashioned trip from far away and long ago . . . . Bill

3:18 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, I'm toldit came one don in ton there Sunday night and standing in the yard of Jello today you'd have not know it. Too much like Taji.

6:35 PM  
Blogger sage said...

there's something about an Appalachian mountain man eating a Lebenese kabob... Where is the sycamore tree?

11:32 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Morning. Sage, that sycamore tree is in Rosman NC on the French Broad River, just above the wastewater plant.

You'd have to read the comments of the last post. Both your's and Ed's latest water trips were so much more peaceful than mine.

It was a very good kabob.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Unto these hills... is that the same outdoor show I saw back in the 70's? I hadn't thought of that in years.

They also used to do some kind of outdoor show at night with lights and sounds down in Wilmingtonat the USS North Carolina. What a coincidence, USS North Carolina in Wilmington which is in North Carolina. Anyway, it was like a recreation of battles she was in or something.

It seemed pretty realistic, the battleship show I mean. And if it was indeed a realistic rendition then I gotta say, there was a lot more mosquitos at those battles than we have been led to believe!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I guess fighting those mosquitoes was half the battle...get it?

Yeah, Unto These Hills, a condensed drama. I've seen it once, took the kids to it when they were kids. I didn't find it be so accurate to my knowledge. Don't make me quote it though.

Every time someone mentions the east part of the state I think of Hyde and Terrel Counties. The place is on fire down there and I've been invited on a hunt there this fall. Twister is refusing to go just about. Doesn't want to fight snakes. He's got a Playboy trip planned to Hawaii maybe any how.

I'm still being fickle about it. That would be off of Pamlico Sound though, not the Cape Fear. That's Sages part of the country

6:34 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I remember you being originally from down there, Cape Fear. My East NC Geography can be fuzzy.

Ed, you need no Red Neck Credentials, you where them around your neck with the rest of them.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home