Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Worthy of Consideration

Have you ever heard the term "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"? Voices get drowned out in the constant dogmas that we are becoming more accustomed too these days. Every thing has become a cause...Without effect. Werther you believe the article or not it's worthy of consideration...It's a saying worthy of consideration.

On the more personal side of things...Last week, to make a long story short, the Dogs got out from me. Both Squeaky, my Plott and Bell, the Blue Dog stayed gone for two days. I searched, asked folks, asked two horses in a pasture as the Stallion snorted at me (I snorted back)and saw people I ain't seen in years. Squeaky had been seen wondering around yards, playing with Lady Dogs, down in Frozen Creek. The next day I got a call, he was in a woman's yard and hurt. He had gotten on a Bear and it had bit him good. He's fine, I just have to keep his cuts clean.
I had called for Bell, walking a thousand yards off from the house the day I got Squeaky back and she came running up behind me...Unscathed and in heat...
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Goodness! You are about to become a grandpa! No comment! I wonder about all the cacaphony of cultures . . . everyone believing because no one believes in much anymore . . . but it's nice to know that dogs still act like dogs . . . and they come home . . . nothin' meant by it except it reminds of our birddogs over the years many years long ago. Bill

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run spell check.

Dogs in heat cause big dog fights. Sounds like what happened to squeaky.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, Squeaky was too sore to walk back up the Mountain. I had to go get him and lift him in the truck. The man told me he had a wound on his brand, but, he's got six. All in the hind quarters except one on his right ribs. None that could be sewn or stapled.
"everyone believing because no one believes in much anymore ". That says allot.

OK I will, Daddy. I did it on the work computer and had to depend on Blogger...Which, can be contrary.

No, it was a Bear. Like I said to Bill, all of the wounds were hind quarter. His left rear leg was real sore, but it is about healed. His others are coming along. I gave him a shot of pennacillian today. I keep them boiled and Blue Kote on them.
I had a funny QRN experience.

I suppose you liked that article?

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the article and I think I agree. At least history indicates that it is so. If all the nuclear states got rid of their nukes, some Bin Laden or Mugabe would develop them and they would be dumb enough to use them.

Did finally eliminate the QRN? Or get more?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I had a relay come loose, making me lose my parking lights. That mornig every time I keyed the mic I had a whistle sound in the dash. Found that it was the relay with my lights ad the whistle went away.

Yeah, it's sad, but true. Besides those such as you mentioned, we are not in a state to handle full scale conventional war.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw this at Instapundit. I think I identify with the Libertarian aspect. Would like your thoughts.

ERIC S. RAYMOND: Patriotism And Its Pathologies: "An influential minority of Americans now behave as though loving their country as it might be in the imagined future, where everything they don’t like about it is fixed, excludes loving their country as it actually is!"

posted at 09:41 AM by Glenn Reynolds Permalink

I guess the link doesn't work as I have pasted it, so look it up at Instapundit.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Alright, Daddy, but, I'm not reading all 103 responses...

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home