Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Hick Up

It ain't worth stubbing my toe about. My computer is having a hick up and the modem is not functioning properly. I may have to go as far as reloading it. Which means I'll lose a little material and some pictures, mostly ones fom Iraq. Until I get the hick up, or even better, it get's itself worked out, I'm depending on the work machine.

But don't you worry! I'll be back with so much Appalachian Patria that...Well, something.

I would like to get a chance to cruise by my fellow Bloggers...Be on the look out for me.

73's, Appalachianist out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well, let's hope it's only a modem and you don't have to reinstall Windows. That's so darned aggravating.

I learned from the past and now back up important files and pics to another old, but working pc that I have on our home network. It's saved my butt a few times.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, Gunner, I was meaning to back some up, but, I've just not done it. I do have a great deal backed up.

Haven't seen you in a while. How been?

11:08 AM  
Blogger A.G.T. said...

I'm fine. I've just been real busy lately and haven't had much time to surf or rather surf and take time to comment.

Numbah One Son is still at it there at Benning and writes every once in awhile. Say's even though he's 33, he's determined to meet and exceed the physical milesones they have to achieve. I guess he's really getting into it. Which is good, cause I told him if you're gonna be a soldier then be the best d*mned soldier there is, don't be no half-a**

He agreed with me.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Gunner good with the son. Any more you are seeing more recruits past 30.

Hey! Today I mark 22 years in the Army. The big adventure began today.

Speaking of the Army, I came in early to work to use the computer here to do on line work for them.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunch of old hounds runing with the pack . . . wish I were back. To be 33 again . . . I will be on medicare next month . . . I am ok with that, but I would rather be 33 and in the army . . . . I wish all you old soldiers well. I really do. Bill

7:11 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ah. The computer is still weirded out. But, I hear ya Bill.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home