Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Back

I'm back home. Bosco (my dog) didn't shy from me. Came right up to me, unlike last time. I ain't ready to write yet, but, I'll get to it.
The Appalachianist

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! You made it and Bosco came to you! That's great. Welcome home, Sergeant!

A.G.T.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

Welcome home! Did you bring Bosco a treat of some kind this time around which made her come to you? You know how us females love little gifts. ;-)

5:47 PM  
Blogger OutOfContext said...

Welcome back to the USA. Thanks for what you've done and what you've written while you were doing it. I don't know what it's like where you are, but this is my favorite month of the year hear in Ohio. I'm guessing for you any month when you come home is your favorite.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!
Glad you are back on your own "dirt"!

hugs to you~

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good that you're home! Writing will keep.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

YAY! You are home! I am so glad for you.

Just dropping in with a smile and hug to say hello!
~xo
Lee Ann

4:33 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks everyone, as soon as things settle down a little bit, I'll get a post up that's worthy.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chestnut trees are blooming, check out that fragrance and tell me what you think:)

So HAPPY you are Baaaack!

Hugs and Cheers!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thank You. That must be the Chinese your talking about. The one here at 2859 ft ain't blooming yet.

12:15 PM  
Blogger sage said...

welcome home! If you flew in Monday, we might have passed as I spent too long of a time at the Asheville airport (only to surpassed by the time spent in the Atlanta airport) trying to get home. I was the guy in the rockers drinking a bottle of some local oatmeal stout

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't the comments grand and the world good and that part of the mountains when they ain't bad, ain't they a little slice of Heaven. It is the best news I have heard all day. Welcome home, soldier. Thank you, Bill

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean I have to stop watchin' the belly dancer? Bill

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home