Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, July 09, 2005


The Nisqualy River. This is a veiw from the road heading to Paradise Inn on Mt. Raineir, wich is mostly in the clouds. I have several pictures but transfering them has been a problem. I'm going to get these posted before I forget Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Nice scenery. Brings back a memory or two as I've scooted around the Northwest several times (have a Sis in Oregon and nieces in Idaho) and always thought if life had zigged instead of zagged, I might have ended up out there in that part of the USA and probably would have liked it. Nice country, and nice folks, for the most part.

Diff topic - How do you like that Google Picasa program?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

It looks nice and peaceful up there. I have never made it up that way. I have always wanted to stomp around Idaho some, but nothing has ever had me up that way. Oh well, I'm aging fast. An RV and an "I'M SPENDING MY KID'S INHERITANCE" bumper sticker can't be too far off now.

Oh well. Maybe soon when I'm headed towards Mecklingberg and Gaston Counties to visit relatives I'll be able to swing by your way, have one of my favorite beers (FREE beer), and check out your mountian. You never know. I am, after all, Travelin' Ed.

Be good. Thanks for the scenery.
Ed

2:01 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yes, it is nice secenery. As for the Picasa, I've not edited pictures with it. I've only used it to upload pictures to the Blog. After a time or two I was used to the mechanics of it and it worked well. It's suffecient.

Ed, if you are ever that way Travlin around spending the inheritence and it's summer time, you and the Mrs. go see it. But, Mecklinburg and Gaston Counties? You poor soul. Go ahead, come up this way. You'll need peace after those two places. Just give me warning so as i can clean up the place.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

First off, when my family moved into those areas it wasn't the wall to wall mess that it is now. Mt. Holly and Gastonia were sleepy little backwaters. Things have changed a lot.

I will give you 15 minutes warning that I am coming. I will not have you doing any unecessary cleaning just for us. All I ask is that you sweep or vaccuum the floor. Why? Because my Asian wife will take off her shoes (and murderize me later if I don't remove mine also) and there's no need to get our socks all cruddy. Hmmmm. Yep, that'd be about it. We're not real formalized folks.

Be good.

Travelin' Ed

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home