Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My Fortune Cooky

I got a Fortune Cooky today. What did the little slip inside say? "You are given the chance to take part in an exciting adventure". I bet it has something to do with a four letttered word...that starts with "I".

Yesterday was the day we celebrated the Independance that is being eroded out from underneath us. Or as Neil Boortz said, that Americans fear. People are in a scramble about "Justice"(cruel joke) Sandra Day Oconner retiring. Saying she was a swing vote. More like wishy washy if you ask me.

Last night I opted out of fire works. I live 20 minutes out of town, why hang around for them? Well that cute couple Nick and Jessica where on TV entertaining the troops. I had no idea* who they realy are until someone explained it to me at work today. Jessica is a pretty gal, and if guy's are your thing Nick may not be so bad either. But, as far as guy's go looks don't matter if they veiw you as a real man. People just don't like wimps. Whatever, this young couple is being crammed down our throats. Super Stars go entertain our troops. Wow! Celebrity Culture in a War Zone. Though this may be well intended it undermines us. In a War where people are nickle and diming little things it costs a fortune to do that(not to mention a Mortar Magnet)**. And where it counts, the minds of the Iraqi people, it is probably not ***all to impressive. I think they would be more impressed with Grits and Corn Bread.

Now if there are two places that are out of touch with reality, it is Washington DC and Hollywood.

Appalchain Intellectual

*I just know they have had a Marriage go bad from the Super Market Tabloids.
**Col David Hackworth alway's refused to go to a USO show for that reason. I don't see as much of a problem with Germany as I do Iraq.
***OK that's Afghanistan, but it's about 4GW.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

That was a good article Mr. Lind wrote. Makes a lot of sense. Let's get to the point where what happens in Afghanistan only make the local news. We're never going to make themmodern.

I already saw one Nick and Jessica visit the troops special on TV. It was pretty fluffy. No real substance. I wonder if it's the same one? I mean, how many can there be, right?

Ed

10:52 PM  
Blogger Jinxy said...

I'll only watch Jessica Simpson when she's playing Daisy Duke in the new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie.

Which WILL be awesome by the way.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Alright J4, but remember, her face is up HERE.

Travelin' Ed

2:29 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Lind did write a good peice. My point in linking it is the Muslim world will largley reject our pop culture.

This was Fluffy too, I didn't watch it I cruised the net.

Jessica, she's a doll.

J4, as for the Dukes Of Hazard, it's nice to have hope. I doubt that though. What will be good(I pray) will be Ender's Game.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home