Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

At Last Checking In.

This is the third time I've been able to get on the net, and, the first time I've been able to look at something other than my e-mail. I do appreciate the comments. And, Janie, I could have fun in the "Emerald City"...there is alot of beautiful women in the area. Now, there are some things I don't like, like not getting dark until 2200(10:00PM) and getting light around 0430(4:30AM). I would imagine that it is a releif after such a dreary winter. Back home in my little corner of N.C. we get anywhere from 60-100 inches of rain a year, depending on what mountian you live on. So, I can relate, we just get it more at a time in uneven doses. Is this what I came here for? Talking about the weather? Well it is pretty and you can see all but the top of Mt. Ranier...Comfortable tempatures. That's enough of that. Oh, they don't have sweet tea here. A waitress last night said she had heard of it. Can you Southerners imagine that? One boy tried ordering a chicken buiscut at McDonalds...the response? "We don't have those. You must be from the South". Sgt C* is right, their Heathens.

I've only recently started to drink coffee and then I realy don't drink it much. An Aunt convinced me that it was good for digestion. I'm drinking a Chia Latte with Vanilla...not bad actualy. I had no idea what I was ordering, I just tried it. Could have been cheaper, but, oh well. There are Starbucks galore up here. And where there is not a Starbucks their is an Indapendant Espresso(this place is on Post).

I leave out of here early Saturday Morning. and get back to the Carolina's Saturday Evening. Then, I reckon I will post on a regular basis. I do have alot to say...and By Golly your gonna listen!

I'm going to go snoo news and such. With No TV and often compromising on what to listen to on the Radio I've only heard headlines. And, well, I've gotta check in on some of you folks.

*no, he's not a WASP either, and an adopted Southeasterener.

Appalachian Inteelectual(Once known as Willy in 3/75)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Glad to hear from you again. As a fellow traveler, I share your experience with the food heathens.

The other thing I noticed when I first started venturing out of my beloved southland was how vehemently opposed to the word "Ma'am" non-southern women were. Kept having to calm 'em down with, "No, I'm not saying you're old. Just being polite."

Looking forward to your getting regular again. Blog-wise, that is.
Ed

1:03 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well, AI, good to see yur doing well, other than no southern cooking out there on the left coast.

Take care of yourself and we'll "see" ya' when you get home to NC.

4:18 PM  
Blogger janie said...

See, I think that having your sunsets and evening turning dark at 10:00 is lovely. Makes summer nights a pleasure to walk the city and waterfront.

Enjoy the rest of your time. Hope people are being good to you.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, around a Military Post women are more used to the Ma'am thing so that hasn't been as muh of an issue. I think some found the Ma'am thing flattering. They aren't as used to Soutern Manners.

I shouldn't knock it Janie. It's just the way this grand ol earth is. This time of year it's getting dark at 9:00PM back home.I know it has it's advantages. And, people are being nice enough.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home