Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Darn It!

I just wrote a post on 40% of this weekend and it went poof! The Browser defaulted and I had to reboot the computer.

I have a picture that I want to post, but, for some reason it is corrupt. I'll make an uncorrupt one.

The Baraccuda and the Horse
Friday I learned of a freinds car wreck a week past. He hit a horse standing in the middle of the Highway doing 55-60 MPH at 2 AM. He drove a classic Baraccuda(69?) and the horse rolled onto the hood, across the window and over the back after he carried it a way's. The car was flattened, the horse(a full grown horse is about a 1000lbs) died and he managed only some minor injuries to mostly his face. He does have a sore back though.
He thought the horse's holf caught him in the face, but, they found it was the steering wheel. He was jolted real bad...The boy thought he was about to die. The Almighty had other plans though.
There has been an issue between me and him and I have intentionaly kept my distance from him. The boy messed up, didn't deal with it and it dealt him. Maybe this will cause him to deal with the issue.
Jello Boy
My recently single again cousin that is now back in town called me Wednesday and wanted me to come by. He had gotten the phone number of a mutual female aquantence. It was a cross of breaking the news/ informing me of his fortune with a whole lot of "Gee Whiz Willikers" factor involved. No big deal to me...I had the chance and chose not to. My Buisness, not an issue. He also wanted to get a few people together and go out to eat Friday night. We usualy eat out every Friday night together, but, this time, make something of it.
Friday night comes. I clean up, dress decently(looked pretty darn good too) and even managed to get myself into a mood where I can tolerate people full of shit if I had to. I call him to see what the plan is..."I couldn't get anyone together. I don't think I will, I'm tired. I think I've got me a girlfreind(Gee Whiz Willikers tone) I've...I've been hanging with(Insert Mutual Female Aquantenance name here)"..."She gets out of class at nine, she told me to get some rest. I think I'm going to take a nap." My mood to tolerate people full of shit almost faded away.

He is alway's doing this crap. "Hey! Let's do this!" Time comes..."No, I don't think I will" It leaves you hanging and that gets on your nerves.

Saturday night we did go to eat. My Aunt took us all out, very kind of her. He say's to me, " Were already having an issue...The dogs don't get along". He had a touchy feely look in his eye's. I'm about to cough up my Grouper. I manage to keep it down, though. Earlier he had said to my Aunt that he messed up getting a Girl Freind two weeks before Valentines Day not knowing how to handle that. That I USUALY figure these things out(perhaps because I know what an OODA Loop is?). "What? Do I have to figure this out for you?" "No...I 'll figure it out".

Now the Gee Whiz Willikers factor is thick. The boy is shaking like an upside down bowl of Jello, but, inside he has the consistancy of soup. So, I'll refer to him as Jello Boy until the situation evolves or disolves.

Don't get me wrong. My Gag Reflex may have been triggered and I see a recipe for disaster, but, they are both genueinly good people and do seem rather compatable. I did say to him once in refernce to younger girls, that if I love her only five minutes that's better than never loving her at all. The truth is it's all in how you treat it. But, the sudden "Us thing" and the Gee Whiz Willikers Jello shaking thing I can't help but poke fun at.

Friday night later.
Appalachian Intellectual


2 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I read on your blog for 10 minutes or so. Interesting stuff. Liked your style, real conversational. We share a lot of the same interests. Found you because I was looking to see who else listed DBT as a favorite musical group.

I grew up in NC (ALL OVER the state) and was wondering we are you? I can read and I know you say S. Appalachia, but we're amongst friends so how 'bout narrowing it down a little.

Also, this should answer your question "Is anybody reading this stuff". The answer is yep, occasionally, accidentally.
Travelin' Ed

12:49 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Transylvania County where there are plenty of spooks and haints.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home