Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Kituah

Kituah...It's pronounced Gi-Doo-Wah. It was the Cherokees first settlemnet in the Appalachian Mountains. That's were the Seven Clans started. It represents new beginings or sacred, if you will. Well, I don't exactly know if this is sacred, but, it's first. It's a begining.
The Cherokee were Warriors( like just about every native tribe). And we are at war. I have come to feel that there is a gap between the Average Citizen and the Military. I feel that some people just don't understand Military Life. There are faint refrences to an Uncle who served his time or some other relative and the inevitable Holly Wood influence. It's so strong it bleeds into the Military itself sometimes. I've been told indirectly that the Army took away my individuality...more than once. It taught me to repress the individual when I need to. It taught me to put into a group effort and not give it lip service. There are alot of War Blogs going. People on both sides of the issue are eating it up. Now I feel like I need to post some rules.
1. I don't want to hear "bitching " about the war. If it's not constructive keep it to yourself.
2. Please don't post a bunch of "awe...your so dawlgone patriotic" stuff. That's sweet of you, but, that's mostly hollow gestures in this society.
3. "Moving" Poems consist of "awe...your so dawlgone partiotic" stuff.
4. I DO appreciate your prayers.
5. Nothing I say is meant to offend.
With that said, I just want to get you some understanding. As well as exchange information with my fellow Soldiers. I am currently on "Drill" status. That's the once weekend a month thing. That's subject to change. As the title hints this is more than about my Military Life. I'll talk enviroment, politics, personal relations and plane living. Lot's of random thoughts. Who knows, maybe we will make freinds and someone can benefit along the way.
Appalachian Intellectual

1 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Any M16 varient has trouble in the desert. Peronaly, I want to take my Sig P220 (.45 ACP) along for the trip. I would say tackle the M9 Berretta first. It's a bigger peice of junk. The 101st was smart enough to deploy over with an M14 in each Squad. It has more reach, more knock down, and is very dependable. The two of us kno it's a damn fine weapon. That 148 Grain bullet does the trick.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home