Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Typical Post By Me

You know what I miss? The Georgia Satellites. I remember listening to this song right before I went to Pre-Ranger.

You know what else I miss? Judas Priest.

That song makes me think of Bear Hunting...

So I might as well begin to put some action in my life...
The Appalachianist

6 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

This is an atypical post from you - there are no typos. ;-) I've never heard any Georgia Satellites song other than 'Keep Your Hands To Yourself' until now..and that song was horrid. :-) I think I have to go listen to their one hit to cleanse the palate. :-)

(FYI - I don't touch Judas Priest with a 10 foot pole. Thank you for not putting that on autoplay.) :-)

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, after reading the comment by Murf I am afraid to listen. Wow! Am I not a tough old man. Hope you are well and the mountains survive this heat wave. Bill

2:47 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I picked the first song that came up other than, "Keep your hands to yourself" that came up.

It's gentle rain up here, right now, Bill.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Wow, I'm impressed. That looks like an authentic Gibson Flying V the Judas Priest lead is playing.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Gunner, I don't think those were authentic bank safe bars in that video though. A note, last that I'd heard, the singer for Georgia Satellites, Dan Baird, had a farm in Kentucky. What was different was the girl in that video, made in the 80's, didn't have big hair.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Farming in KY, eh? I doubt he's doing tobacco as I read that while that was once Kentucky's claim to fame, along with NC & VA of course, it's now wheat and soy beans.

Grapes are also a new crop here as some are doing the wine thing now, even here in the Appalachian foothills. The dry counties thing can be a stopper though as vintners like to offer on-site sampling. Although some have managed to get it on the local ballot and have won exemptions.

Or if he's an adventurous sort, he might have himself a large patch of wacky tabacky. There's nothing that shouts "Capitalist" more than taking some weeds and seeds and turning it into a fistful of 20s! While I don't condone it, you do have to admire the entrepreneur spirit of those folks.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home