Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas 08


Were All in Love - New York Dolls

Once upon a time in a far, far away place, where no one gets along anymore, was a this man named Jesus. Jesus bucked the system so to speak. He talked about forgiving, not casting stones, and doing the right thing. Some people didn't know about him, others thought he was on to something. Jesus didn't tell people what they wanted to hear. He Loved everyone though.
Merry Christmas.

The Appalachianist

5 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Merry Christmas, Appalachian! Good message!

10:14 AM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

Merry Christmas, App...hope you and yours have a safe and happy holidays!

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was hopin' for a comment like that . . . now I can go to a family "brunch" with much better thoughts than I was havin' . . . thanks. Merry Christmas. Bill

8:57 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, I hope yun's all had a Merry Christmas.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

Merry Belated Christmas, AI. And thanks for the message and saving me a trip to church. :-)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home