Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not Much Of A Post

It's pouring the rain. Bosco desperately wanted in this morning at 0230 and was hesitant about gong back out. She thinks she's made of sugar. I sometimes call her "Black Sugar".

Well, that was this morning and now it's night. I was ging to say something, but, I've got too much crap to do. Talk to you next week.

Alright, heathens of both sexes, the lovely Amy Lavere performing "People Get Mad" live at some club...


She's right. People do get mad.
The Appalachianist

13 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

Dogs and rain are amazing. They don't mind getting wet with frozen rain (i.e., snow) but the unfrozen kind can keep them holding their bladder for days.

Have a great weekend!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murf, I didn't know that about dogs holding their bladder . . . I need to talk to the dog whisperer about that. It must have something to do with marking their territory or something. I have been checking on a friend's dog while he and his wife are in San Francisco. If the dog has a dog house, I have not seen it. He is not in such great shape because it has rained for two days here in Columbia. I read the posting about the leaves, and we called off the trip to Cherokee. It is a good thing because it is wet. Appalachian do you know of a concert in Asheville this weekend? Number one son wants and is going to Asheville for whatever come rain or shine. Frankly, in this weather, I wish he wouldn't. Tell that to a twenty-eight year old male . . . the dumbest animal on the planet . . . don't argue with me. :>) Bill

1:57 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

So you think of us as heathens and sheathens. I see.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

All I'm saying Ed is you don't have to tell nobody nothing if you get the van out of the ditch by morning. That's all.

I'm tired...goood niiight.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

And from personal experience, the tow driver that pulls you out of the muck along San Diego's silver strand because you and she got a little rambunctious and slipped the pickup out of gear with an elbow or knee or something, will NOT have change for a hundred dollar bill. That's the real heathen in the story!!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but "ramblin' ed" you ain't got to tell it to nobody . . . only the tow driver would know . . . and it was worth a hundred . . . right? It's like the time I threw the keys to the car across the seat and told my buddy to meet me at the Hilltop Drive-in. It just happened I had need to be at the Hilltop, but it wasn't my buddy but someone as equally confused . . . the car was parked on a hill . . . something that mountain folk can understand . . . but whoever it was drove over to the Hilltop and met me at two o'clock in the mornin' . . . Good lord Southerners are good people. I an't gonna tell you I was a teenager, and it was my Moma's car. I still don't know his name, but you are the only one I have ever shared this story with . . . . almost as good as your truck story . . . ;>)ain't that right App? Bill

1:44 PM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:46 PM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

No, people will always find out about getting stuck in the mud...especially your dad...and especially when you come home with muddy shoes and in somebody's army jacket because you got cold standing in the muddy grass waiting for somebody's friends to tow the truck up a small hill. Apparently, silly 2 wheel drive vehicles can't make it up a small slippery incline.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

OK, you'll, true story. I know this fellar, he got to dating a girl a few years younger than him. Now this was years ago. She was about 19 and he was 25-26, somewhere in there. No biggie.
They were out riding around one night and went into a ditch, then called a tow truck. Tow truck comes, young lady says to tow truck driver..."Hey Daddy! this is..." It worked out pretty good, they've got a couple of kids now. Not that is the gauge of a relationship.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, ain't we lucky we're still alive after all these years. Thank you Jesus . . . sorry, but I'm from the South and finally a post I can understand and I know all the stories are true cause I lived them mostly . . . true dat, but was there any snow in the mountains this weekend? Bill

9:00 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Not that I heard of, Bill, I was in Athens and Atlanta.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I just applied for a job north of Atlanta. I would ask what you think of that area but it's probably too city-fied for your liking. ;-)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well , Murf. Atlanta is no longer a Southern City. I honestly don't know a great deal about the area there.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home