Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Viva La Appalachia!



That little pup's name is Tippitan. Tip, in it's abbreviated version. Being called so because due to her Walker Hound blood she has a white tip on the end of her tail (and face)She's 3/4 Plott and has a little brindle in her. I ran into a boy the other day and he offered her to me. Just what I needed. But, I decided to raise her up a few months and decide. I'll gun brake, box brake, house brake her, hopefully, Deer brake her and let her run around and learn to use her nose. She'll have a little size on her then. You know, I like girls, but, I've got too many bitches in the yard.


The other night I did a Google search for something to stimulate my imagination. I came across a very note worthy local blog. Local being over in Jackson County. Ruminations From The Distant Hills hosted by Gulahiyi. Come to find out, he once lurked about here, and he gave the most flattering post referring me. Gulahiyi sees Appalachia in peril as I do. Some what a cynic he pulls no punches on developers...And, you'll who know me know that I'm no one for class warfare, but to be truthful, allot of these developers are just modern day carpet baggers, as you will see from his "Meet the neighbors" series. I can't say we see eye to eye on everything, but we both agree on Appalachia. Not to so much return the favor but, to let you know, if you want to see more than the bright sun pour across a mountain but the deep dark shadows that you don't see in tourist brochures, go there and read. He posts everyday, something hard for me to keep up with, but then, when it comes to Southern Appalachia, there's allot that an be said...And little understood.

En Avant! En Avant! Viva La Appalachia!
The Appalachianist

11 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

a good lookin dog!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, she's a fun little thing. She followed me and my Stepson(Grandson in tow)around the mountain the other day.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls are just smarter . . . in the yard. She is a pretty little pup . . . beautiful actually with enough Plott to make her fierce on the hunt. I am going to look at the other blog . . . carpetbaggers . . . and pirates to be sure. Bill

10:24 AM  
Blogger Perry Eury said...

Good luck training that dog! I had a Plott show up at my place one day and took him in (named him "Sid" as in Sid Viscious"). I loved that dog. But I guess he didn't have much sense, because he was sweet and loyal to me and raised hell with anyone else. If he'd had any sense, I think it would have been the other way around!!! Sid's gone now, but I still miss him. Thanks for the mention. Come see us on Speedwell. I'm at the upper end of Milksick Ridge, on the outskirts of Oscar. They've haven't turned it into a golf course,yet, so it's still pretty sunny on these hills.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You'll, I'll catch yu'ns, but, I have to get up and drive to Athens in the AM. So, I need to wrap the packing up and catch some shut eye.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bark! Bark! Don't forget to feed me before you go to Athens to play around and have fun."

Tippitan

2:37 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Alright, I'm back.

Murf, theres is a little story to that. She yelped and yelped the first two days. THe other dogs didn't seem to want to let her in with them, I was afrai she would draw in Coyotes. I brouught her inside and put her in a box in my bathroom. She yelped. I put her on the bed with me. I woke up and stretched the next morning...She wet the bed. The other dogs let her sleep with them now.

Bill, you just can't tell about a pup. She does come from some pretty good dogs. It's been said you get a better hunt out of the boys because they don't go in heat. But, John Wick, a man who made a name for himself training Coon Dogs said, females are in heat twice a year and males every day of the year.

Gulahiyi, Thanks for the invite. I know of a Milsick Cove, but, I don't know anything about that part of Jackson County. I'm in Quebec, near the TC Henderson School, off of Flat Creek. Sid, the Punk Rock Plott.

Dogs are taken care of while I'm gone. The weather was nice down in Athens.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

Oh that's real nice. Blame the cute lil' puppy for that mishap. :-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ha Ha

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pup and my new pup could almost be sisters. Mine is supposed to be a mix of lab and sheepdog. Lost my cat in Idaho- she became lunch I believe and I said thats it time to get a dog since I dont want to look down and discover I have become dinner for the week.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

So that last comment was not supposed to be incognito but... anyway if you want to see your pups sis come on over for a visit. Be blessed!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home