Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's a Jungle full of trees out there

Someone was obviously gullible enough to beleive this picture. Those bullets have not even been fired. The lady in the picture was most likely paid to pose with the bullets. Being an OIF Veteran, I can tell you news coverage of Iraq sucks. I'm not telling you that it is slanted, it's just goofy. This picture is obviously slanted. But, you don't need a smart guy like me to tell you smart boys and girls that. Oh, the deciet. (Did I spell that right?)

I could get on a soap box about both sides of the fence. But, most of you reading this have an accute eye and would rather be entertained.

Actuallly it rings with a news story this morning on WLOS. An area of the Dupont State Forest which has been traditional Bear Sanctuary is beng 0pened to Bear Hunting by special permit only. Well, the place is a suburbanite magnet. All interviewed said that they didn't want to go if there were going to be Bear Hunters there. The thing they didn't realise is, it's already open to Deer Hunting and Small Game. There has also been the mention of wild hogs. I'd link all of that stuff, but, it's work time.

When we step outside and you see those trees, we need to make sure we see the forest.
The Appalachianist

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deciet, yes. Very good, Grasshopper.

Surburbanites in the forest? Seems a bit strange as they would rather cut down the trees and name their streets and condos after them.

Anyway, I'd say they are safe. At least until WASP season starts. Heh heh.

Ramblin' Ed

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a comment at some website that since it looks like commercial .223 then it must have been those dastardly Blackstone contractors who threw that ammo at the poor woman's hovel.

Well, I don't know now, Ed. Up here in Kaintuck when the sound is "ee" then we go by "I before E except after C"

receive, ceiling, deceive

niece, piece, belief, siege, friend

Like any rule there are exceptions. One such exception that quickly comes to mind is the word oneiromancies.

There's bears starting to be spotted around here and it ain't all the remote here either. Folks is starting to doubt that saying about bears, poop, and the woods. It's starting to show up in their backyards!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deceive (deceipt) means to fool, right? Ummmm, I was just foolin' with him.
But more alarmingly, I seem to have been misspelling the name of your fine commonwealth.

Lastly, while I didn't actuallylook up oneiromnices, it seems that I had heard somewhere it would cause blindness and hairy palms.

R'Ed

4:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, this computer has automatic spell checker, I misspelled it, no deceiving. I thought I had a reason to grin. Oh, well, I'll grin anyhow.

Gunner, I can't tell how they can tell it's commercial, and besides, the Iraqis use allot of commercial.They now use the 5.56. I saw the very first M16A4 get issued to a Jundi. I saw allot of History there.

59 more days until bear Season!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home