Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Seven Day's and a Wake Up

You'l, it's nice to be missed. I appreciate you'l.

This time next week, I'll be either home or getting close to home. I do look forward to seeing the Mountians again. I know the nights are cooling off and I miss that. Of course they are cooling off here, but, not nearly as much as home. Enough of that.

The drive down here was an adventure. I drove down through Clayton Ga in Rabun County and encountered a feirce rain where William Bartram did so many years ago. People were pulling over and the water on the road pulled at my tires. Again at Gainsville Ga I ran into a storm that slowed everone down. On I-20 along Tallapoosa Ga was another gully washer. Everyone was driving with their flashers on and I found my self shifting down to third gear. Once I was in Shelby County Alabama, where I have family, there were more of the storms. Driving into the South end of Birmingham was an almost repeat of Tallapoosa.

I told myself that if the drive down here was any indication of how the mission would go it would be something(as in and adventure). It has been. there have been hurdles, but, we've come through. There is still Seven Day's and a Wake Up to go. More long day's on the range to come.

At the request of a Public Affairs Officer from CENTCOM I'm posting this link. CHeck it out, find out stuff that your Armed Forces are ding that doesn't make the news. I'll put it on my links list, sir.

I'll type more later when I get home.

Appalachian Intellectual

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Good to hear you're OK. Wish you were here to post more, but I guess you got more important stuff going on right now than entertaining me.

I got me a blue ID card last week. You know what that mean and you know it makes me happy. Yep, all of the TRICARE and none of the mid-watches.

By the way, I hit that same rain storm coming out of West Memphis, Arkansas. Only time in my memory that I actually had to sto and sit out a rain squall. Usually I keep moving, even if only 20MPH. But in this case I couldn't even see the hood, so I didn't have a choice. I wasn't scared, but sure was impressed. That mother nature, she's a real character sometimes.

Be good.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Dittoes there, AI. Take care of yourself and we'll "see ya'" when you get back home.

Stay safe and watch your six!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home