Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, from me to anyone

Its Christmas morning here at Appalachian Patria Central and about to snow. I'm throwing down the Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits and typing with one hand. It's 10 minutes after 8 and all through the land sleepy eyes parents are just catching a breather as the kids wind down from playing with toys for four hours. Someone breaks out the mantra, either said in excitement or in the typical mantra tone, "Jesus is the reason for the season". We're lucky he loves us regardless. Understand, someone is freaking out today over something that doesn't really matter. If you are reading this Christmas day, you're not. Remember the WWJD Campaign, allot of pre teen girls walked around with bracelets saying WWJD on them. WWJD stands for "What Would Jesus Do?". It helped kids find ethical solutions. Maybe we should give some to the folks in Washington DC? I think we should start a new campaign titled JWFO, Jesus Wouldn't freak Out!" It just started snowing and someone is freaking out...Calm down! Jesus Wouldn't Freak Out! In a small, calm voice, they reply, "No, he wouldn't".

Everyone is freaking out over something or someone these days. Jesus wouldn't. He never freaked out over someones behavior, not even Judas, and he always got results.

Jesus Wouldn't freak Out
The Appalachianist

It's coming down pretty good out there. It's sticking to my drive way.

2 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Seems that Jesus only freaked out with the sellers in the temple... We got left-over snow here--but with a few flakes falling on top of that

Merry Christmas!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Sage, I've read and thought about this and I'm going to beg your pardon. Jesus didn't act inappropriately in MHO. He singlehandedly drove the sellers and their live stock out. Giving my knowledge of Mid East Culture, those sellers were ripping people off. They should not have been there doing what they do. Driving live stock ain't easy either.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home