Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Begining Of An Era

I've been moving. Not to get into it, but, I had no intentions on staying where I was. I am selling the double wide I lived in and starting a rent to own on an old house that needs a little work...OK...Allot of work. It's nothing that can't be done though.

I now live in an area of the county called Selica. It's old farm land, the property has a 1.88 acre pasture/garden area with the yard being about a half acre to add to that. It has a spring and borders a little creek known as Spanish Oak Branch with an old barn that I will rebuild. It's a little close to the main road than I care for, but, it's a nice place and I'm only a few minutes from one of my favorite hunting grounds. I carried a little meat out of there some years back.

It frosts more here than it did up on the Mountain I had been living on. I get sun all day long though.

Well, the election is done. The news said not as many people voted around here. About half of the registered voters. We picked up a new County Commissioner that might have something in mind other than real estate interest.
Now on the national scale, we managed to get back to a grid lock of sorts. But, something I noticed. The last two elections Foreign Policy was a big issue. It was hardly mentioned this time...Interesting.

The Appalachianist

5 Comments:

Blogger Sotamies said...

Good luck in your new place.

When you last posted about end of an era; I suspected perhaps your military days had come to an end.

Come first of December; I will have been in my new place here in the high desert of central Oregon one year.

Take care, Hooah !

1:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Sotamies, there are times I think it would be nice to have that weekend every month and a little less hassle in my life, but, I'm just not to that point yet.

Thanks, I'm knocking on wood, but, this is a good thing I've got here.

What the hell is North Korea doing?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Sotamies said...

Hey App.

I don't know what the N Koreans are up to. Whatever it is, it usually doesn't leave others feeling warm and fuzzy.

I was repairing heavy equipment in S Korea in 1998; right at the time when S Korean fisherman snagged a N Korean mini sub. I'll tell you, I was wondering if my stay was going to be prolonged. But, that incident blew over.

Hey, have a good Thanksgiving.

Hooah !

5:35 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

More importantly, do the dogs like the new place? ;-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, yeah, Dogs dig it. They get lots of sun.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home