Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Starlog 16 August

I had to put a Junior NCO at Parade Rest today. I had to raise my voice and instruct him to look me in the eye. I was close to having him alternate between the Position of Attention for the Officer standing next to me and Parade rest for me. Do you think that is a lot of fun? I do what I have to do, but, being placed in a position of having to do so is not the fun part. The truth is he was having a far worse day than I was, but, his attitude only dug his hole deeper.
The last few days there has been some high clouds in the mornings. It actually has been rather pleasant and 100 degrees(F) in the shade doesn’t bother me as much. I know that may anger some of you back in the states who have been suffering. But as mid morning approaches the sun begins to sting your skin. August is a miserable month here. We all hope the clouds mean the rainy season is coming. I’m not banking on seeing rain before I reach North America again.
One of the guy’s from the Detachment is in Germany now. His hand was broken rather badly by the tail gate of a 5 ton truck. He is going to have to get pins and maybe even a computer chip or something. OK, maybe not a computer chip.
I’m on the verge of Internet…Patience is a virtue and she’s having to wait one more night.
I’ve got a bicycle. One of the other guy’s from the section has the exact same one, Desert Camo Mountain Bikes made by Jeep. Kind of like CJ.5’s. We’ve both broken our pedals. Riding it burns more calories than riding in my little Nissan 2400 Pick Up.
I’ve got a video camera now too. I know, all I need now is a kinky new Girl Friend. I also need to learn how to use the software for it so I can turn all the video into one. I also need to burn more pic CD’s that I have been intending on.
Speaking of CD’s, I only have one Cult CD. Open request to my Brother…I need Sonic Temple…as well Son Volt’s Trace. They don’t sell good music over here. At least not to my liking.
I’ve got visions of the Mountains back home in my head. I don’t know if I miss them, just look forward to seeing them again.
Look this is rambling. That means it’s time to stop typing.
Semper Vigilans
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hey, good to see you got yourself some wheels or as Gramps used to say, a wheel. I don't know the availability of bike parts with AAFES, but I shop bikenashbar as they're fast and reasonable prices.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Stoopid blogger dot com (or it could be stoopid A.G.T.) didn't do the link right.

It's www.bikenashbar.com (I think)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, I can fully assure you you would not be envious of this guy.

As for the video camera...all of you women are going to ride me about that...can a guy just be sarcastic? Look for it on OG IRISH.

GUnner, a fellar in the Bizazre sells parts, but, I havn't gone to look. AAFES sold me the bike. It's alway's bloggers fault.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggle*

sorry couldn't help it!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, suppose I walked inot that one.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would have been alright with me if you had Mr. Attitude beat his face with feet elevated. What is "son volt's trace"?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Trust me, Anon, he had me tempted over the last few weeks. He's no longer in my section. my problem now is senior NCO's.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home