Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sunrise

This morning the sun was egg shaped, hanging in the sky with a bright yellow at the top and orange below. It looked almost as if a painting except the piles of discarded trucks from the old Regimes Army laying under it. The other morning I thought I saw clouds in front of it, two little wafer thin clouds. Maybe some fog over the Tigris...But, more than likley it was smoke from some burning trash somewheres.

There have been some changes to my Section. Some good, some plane old changes. There have been some changes here at the Depot, and most of them good. I swear if the American Army is showing the Iraqi Army anything, it's to have meetings. Communication is a good thing though. I'm going to try to get more time to write even if a couple of minutes in the morning, like now. Even if it's talking about the irony of a sunset.

The Appalachianist

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

The Iraqis are getting into the meeting thing, eh? Have they started using Power Point presentations, yet?

I used to be a Power Point Commando right before I retired. Put a remote control in one hand and a laser pointer in the other and just sit back folks and enjoy the show!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

So far they like to talk...and boy do they talk.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

How much longer you going to be there?

Got a fella going up to NC and I have an order in for some Sundrop. I've got a right fair stash of Cheerwine already, but haven't had Sundrop in a coon's age. Mostly because I forgot about it until Ed (him, not me) said something about it. He's also going to bring me some livermush back. Ready for some of that yet? It'll remind you of home. It'll make you look cool. All your friends are doing it.

Well, I'll let you get back to your meetings.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am about to turn a powerpoint presentation in for display along with my foldout poster in microbiology. The title (I may change it) is " Unrestricted biological warfare-is America prepared?" It is really nasty and thought provoking. It will make you wonder. It makes me say things like: "homeland security and the so-called "Patriot Act" (I still wanna know what is so *&@#$& patriotic about it?) is just a half-assed farce when I see how easy it is to get into America whether sneeking in across the border or on a Chinese container ship." I want my money back! I am being cheated out of the national security that me, you, and the rest of us have been paying taxes for all these years. Where did the money go? Wine, women, and song. Golf and fancy dinners. A fourth home in the Bahamas or Bermuda. America should be livid.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Sunsets are one of my favorite things.
I am just checking in on you.
Hope you are doing well.
~xo

11:12 PM  
Blogger sage said...

sunrises and sunsets are beautiful in the desert--I never been to Iraq, but have lived more than a decade in the Intermountain West and love to watch the sun there. I also like the cresent moons--be it be the evening new moon or even the waning cresent right before sunrise--both are magical and it's easy to see why the Muslims use it as a symbol. Take care of yourself!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, you know I don't do Livermush. But, thanks anyway man.

Twister, did you say Women?

Lee Ann, now that was sweet of you.

Sage, It's as flat as a pancake here. Nothing but a dusty clay. The sun is big when it comes up and sets.

Thnaks for you'l coming by.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home