Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Tafteesh!

We had a big day yesterday. I discovered a cell phone was on a Local National driver, one of the Iraqi MP's had caught it. He's not supposed to have one on Taji Base. The company he was rented out too found out their was a cell phone on another driver. So, the Iraqi Gaurds and myself started digging into the trucks for the cell phone. We caught three drivers trying to steal cargo and netted two more cell phones, wich were cleverly hidden. The sharp Air Force Master Seargent I was telling about the cell phone noticed one stickiing something in an over head compartment as we were speaking. That was it, it took several try's to reach it, heck we even had an Interprator digging that phone out. As I searched another truck I heard my name called and one of the best Iraqi MP's we have was throwing stuff out of a cab left and right. That pitucular truck had Body Armor in the cab that he was trying to still. They had stolen the stuff off of their own trucks, thinking they could get away with it. We would have caught them anyway, but we were putting emphasis on cell phones. As thing after thing was being thrown out of the three trucks I looked down the convoy and Iraqi Soldiers not part of the Security Force had joined in the search. There must have been close to twenty of them. Afterwords we all laughed and joked about Ali Babba. The Civillian contractor thanked us as well. The last we saw of those four they were cuffed and riding in the back of an Iraqi MP's truck.

I'm supposed to get Internet in my room...well, I was supposed to a week ago. All we are waiting on is a simple cable to come from Baghdad. In the meantime I put $100 down on it. "Patience is a virtue but she won't alway's wait." Now, the first person* to tell me what that is qouted from get's to read Appalachian Patria free!

Oh! I saw clouds, yes, CLOUDS the other evenen. They were'nt much, but the first I've seen since May back at Ft. McCoy.

* All persons entering this contest must be a valid human being and leave their answer in the comments so that I can make fun of your answers where everyone can see. I reserve the right to be merciless. Void if given in any other language than English/Englizee/Englis.

Correction: I originally said forty of them. This was an exageration in my own mind. After watching the video of it and thinking it through in my head I realized it was a silly exageration. There were forty or so people, US and Iraqi that came out to see it altogether. I broke a Milblogging rule and made an exageration, and Rangers don't lie about what they see. My aplogies.

Ready to get out of here..
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know that particular one, but I did read one out of a fortune cookie that sounds similar and had a real ring of truth to it "The patient man knows peace of mind."

A.G.T. who ain't signed into blogger.com

8:40 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well I can't make fun of someone for admitting they don't know. AGT, thanks for being man enough to admitt you just don't know.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

The volume of emotion erupting in our soul
A quiet revelation quickly takes a hold
Patience is a virtue but she wont always wait
Dissension is the tension it's what we're learned to hate

-King's X, We Are Finding Who We Are

9:54 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

and ED ABBEY is the winner! Now, I didn't figure anyone would dig that early ninties tune out of their heads. Well, Ed, you get to read Appalachian Patria absolutly free. Thanks for participating.

of course this means the contest is over and I couldn't dog people for not knowing. Honestly I couldn't remember the entire chorus.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of cable are you waiting on? I have boxes full of ethernet cables I can send you.

And not to change the subject, but if there is anything you find yourself needing whilst you are over yonder, let us know...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

DAve! I just figured out who you were. I know a couple of Daves, one right here who probably does have ethernet cables. No Problem, it's a done deal today.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, like I said, give a yell if you do need something,

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home