Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Drill Notes

It was a long weekend. I did manage to accomplish some things though.

I spent most of Saturday submitting for a Security Clearance. I had one, but, it had expired some years ago. Answering about the last seven years of your life can be time consuming. It was aggravating. Fill out the electronic form, verify information..None of it would verify. You would have to go and fix this and that...Every thing would be right, but, you had to do it twice for it to verify. Finally it did.

"Left my girl way out west...Thought this Army life was the best....
Now she's someone else's wife...And I'll be in the Army the rest of my life"

All of those times singing that I never thought it would be true. I re-up'd. That means reenlisting. It was an Indefinate Reenlistment, they can keep me until I'm 60, reach max years of service(that would be 2015 for me now) or I call it quits and there is no stop loss. No bonus, just a carry on bag that says Army(the kind they tell you not to travel with for security reasons) a mug, pen and key chain. I got into it with the Reenlistment NCO. I had to make copies of the nescarsary documents. It was the first time I had to do my own documentation when it's available on a computer! Well, I shouldn't worry with it again.

I turned in a uniform for a new one. With out asking, my Supply Sgt squared me away. She filled out a request for a new issue. The whole thing, minus the boots. Which is good, my stuff is getting pretty wore out and what is new I purchased myself. My best socks are the non issue Thor Lows. An excellent sock.

It was 1715(5:15pm) when We were released and I didn't get home until 2030(8:30pm). Then it was back at work at 0600 Monday morning. It's 0510 and I'm at work on a spare few minutes now.

I never sleep worth a darn down there, unless I'm wore the slap out. I was awake at 0330 Sunday morning. Some one down the hall way had a TV on...Being used to sleeping off in the woods by myself that kept me awake. We did our first APFT(Physical fitness test) of the year. After doing my push up's it occurred to me that I had jumped up an age group. I didn't have to do as many to pass, and, since the whole thing goes on repetitions makes points, doing the same as last year, I scored higher. No big deal, but, I needed it on the run. My feet felt like bricks and I had no energy.(for some reason no one did as well as they usually do...Phase of the moon, I don't know) I had went off and left my shoes at home and bought an el cheapo pair at Wal March. They were not broken in or anything. But, hey. I passed. I'll do something I feel better with next time.

Political news
Ok. Judge Roberts seems like a good choice to be on the Supreme Court. Maybe there is hope(you know my song). But, this new lady the Presidnet picked out...Couldn't she have a little less eye liner?

Celebrity News
Angelina Jolie or however she spells it. Bla Bla Bla...She's all you hear about. Yea, she's a hottie. But what's up with her alleged bo' Bradd Pitt. Jennifer Anniston is the better all around hottie. Now if I could see someone else's face in the Check Out line.

Time to go
Appalachian Intellectual ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A.I.

Thank you. Nicely done.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

OK Janie. I'm not sure what was nicely done. Murf is giving me a hard time. Explorere(I use at work, Mozilla here) does that, it pre loads HTTP and I didn't have time to go check it all...so....EXCUSE ME!!!!!!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done is the fact you choose to do what many others never do.

You are willing to experience hardship, separation and the loss of your very life to protect and defend our country.

Be man or woman... a Troop who has said that oath to uphold the Constitution is awesome!

I agree with Murf - let's see some new boots...and maybe a little bit more!! ( ;

7:12 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, that's right. You'l are supposed to be playing scramble.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home