Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Theres an old purple Station Wagon with a big yellow lightening bolt down both sides of it that comes through my town. One of these day's I'm going to shake the hand of the old boy who drives it.

I've got the newest Social Distortion on right now. If your a fan, you know it's been a while since they put anything out. It's a real good CD. A little too short though. If your not a fan, their a cross between Johnny Cash and The Sex Pistols. I think I can manage to forgive Mike Ness for getting involved with Rolling Stone Magazines "Anti Bush Tour". That magazine is ran by idiots.

Do you want to hear the weather? We're going to get hit by three Low Pressure systems and cold air wedging in on us. Might be intersting, might be nothing to amount to anything...March is something.

I have Drill coming this weekend.(Drill is the weekend thing). I Drill 3 1/2 hours away. Me and a couple of others rent a cabin on a National Gaurd Facility. Not too bad a place. For some reason the last few months they have put me and one certain buddy in the Handicap side of the Cabin....I wonder about that.

I'm off in my attempt to feel better(still sick)
Applachian Intellectual

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home