Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Defense and National Interest

One of most favored web sites. The other is Wicked Weasel.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AI,

Links made easy:

Go to the website, to the page you want to show others, and COPY the URL address. Leave it sitting on your clipboard.

Next go to your blog entry and when you've typed the words you want to serve as the link to that webpage, highlight said text and press "CTRL+SHIFT+A" simutaenously.

Next, PASTE the URL that you have copied right into the pop-up box that appeared when you hit "CTRL+SHIFT+A" .

Choose OK on the pop-up box and when it saves and closes there will be a spiffy new link right where you wanted it.

Go ahead, try it. In fact, try it with the Wicked Weasel site...heh heh heh....

T'E

8:41 PM  
Blogger RenaRF said...

Hey Snazzie - we're all calling you AI now. Let me show you something: if you want to link to a web page in a particularly snazzie way, like saying visit my diary page on Daily Kos you can do it with HTML.

The only problem is I can't put it in this comment because it keeps trying to read it as HTML. Go figure. I'll email you some hints to snazz things up.

Rena

4:34 PM  
Blogger RenaRF said...

Earlier today, I wrote you an email explaining some of the basic HTML commands you can use to snazz up your posts. Here they are in action.

If you're in interested in what I have to say about preservatives and food toxicity, visit my Daily Kos diary entry on the subject.

I thought this was a really important subject and I can't believe that more people didn't agree in the comments they posted.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Rena,
I tried to post some stuff pertaining to html and I too had my blog give a coniption fit. Finally I just made some shit up to say because I am ever undaunted.

I see I'm not the only one has AI's back. Ever seen a picture of him? I'm also from NC, just like him, so I know all about them mountian trolls. Betcha he's one of those. Just a theory.
T'E

5:58 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Major amount of thanks to both of you'l. Here soon, I will mind the post and give it a whirlie try.
Rena, I don't have my e-mail on here...so, it's in cyber land somewhere.
The time before, Rena, your diary link didn't work out, I got some cheap search engine, this time, I found trhe mark.
If you eat enough preservatives you will live forever.
Actually I work with alot of chemicals so I know...oh, only use Virgin Olive Oil.
And, I'm the prettiest Troll this side of the Blue Ridge!

7:58 PM  
Blogger RenaRF said...

I have perfected the art of HTML tags and hyperlinking since that disastrous broken link.

TE, I don't know why Snazzie AI (in my head that is said much the same way someone would say "DJ Jazzy Jeff" or "Fresh Prince") is the only one of this triumverate without a picture.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home