Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hello, folks, I'm now feeling much better in health and managed to enjoy Drill. I wasn't able to catch a ride with my usual riding buddy. He had not made it back from down east. If it wasn't for a strong dose of cold medecine, I don't think I would have made it there in one peice. It was said that I looked like "shit warmed over". I slept like a rock Friday night, Saturday Night was another story. The Drive By Truckers were there Saturday Night, but, feeling as bad as I was and having buisnes the next day I didn't go. I love the Truckers, but, I have to have my priorites.

I did something this morning just before work that has drawn attention to me. Reading the Iraqi Blog "Raed In The Middle", he had made a comment about our number of dead in Iraq and Terry Shiavo. I normaly don't comment when I look at his Blog, just make my notes and go on. But, this time he had struck a nerve with me. First, I am neither for or against removing the woman's feeding tube. I'm rather sick of seeing it on the news. As far as I'm concerned,the matter is between her family, the state and our Great Creator. I commented to Raed that he can say what he wishes about our actions in his country, but, to "keep his mouth shut" about our internal affairs. Perhaps I should have not used such language. I see Raed as intelligent, but, small minded and lacking courage. He has reason to be impatient(if that is the word) over our current occupation of his country and has every right to voice so. I understand and respect that.
It turns out I hit the posting button twice and so, twice posted. I had also swithched two letters in the word "review" and someone took a shot at me(harmless fire) implying that "Appalachian Intelectual" is dumb. No response warranted.
More than likley Raed would care less about my comment, I suspect he can't see past his anger. But, a family's affair is a family's affair.

I saw on ABC News a peice on the Kentucky NG Military Police Company (most likley a Platoon sized element) that succesfully fought itself through an ambush south of Bagdhad. Good for them. They did well. I generaly don't like MP's, I feel that they are a glorified security detail, but, that's me. I can tell you this, the Insurgents did a poor, poor job. I don't know enough details, but, I know something about ambushes. If it is a properly executed ambush there ARE NO suvivors. The first opening rounds of an ambush are critical. The Insurgents that did this one were not the hard core Al Qauda or Hezballah, but, rank ametuers. Most likley new to the movement. The MP's reacted well and lived to fight another day. A note, such a fight would hardly have made the news in the Vietnam War. Iraq is not Vietnam, it's Iraq.

Oh, as far as comments on Raed's Blog, it seems to be nothing more than a battle ground of Propaganda between the left and the right of the world. I was the only person that signed my Blogger Name.

Folk's of the world, it's raining in Appalachia tonight, I'm going to go enjoy the sound of it hitting my roof.
Appalachian Intellectual

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home