Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Head West Young Man

It's been a while since I've done this. Heck, it's like old times. Makes me want to stomp and holler.

I'm heading out west for a few weeks. Life on Spanish Oak Branch is about to be on hold. I've been tagged. A unit in the Northwest had a shortage, and well, I qualified. On the 15th of last month I was involuntarily assigned to them for reasons of Mobilization. I'm heading back to the Middle East. Only this time in a support role in Kuwait. Long story there. It was a roller coaster last month, going from you might go, to your off the hook to you are the only one we can send, you can volunteer, but, we're going to send you anyway. You'll be sweating your taxes and I'll be flying to Seattle.

I'll be hanging on to three Dogs. At least I'll try to hang on to three Dogs. I've got a few months to work it out.

God Bless The Angels of Oconee
The Appalachianist

4 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

At least Kuwait should be a little less "hot" (in the hostile sense, they're all places that are hotter than the devil's domain)... Be safe and make the best of it.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sotamies said...

Greetings AP

There were rumors of "personnel" from my old unit the 104th Div (IT) being deployed to Kuwait as instructors as far back as 2004 / 2005. Just makes me wonder.

Take care; and, I hope the politicians don't forget about paying you.

Hooah !

1:58 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks, Sage and Sotamies. It is hotter than the devil over there. And, I assure you, I will make the best of it

Sotamies, it was the 104th that relieved me in Iraq. I did 06 and 07, they did 07 and 08. The 98th did some instructing, I went as the 108th and did some, but not that much. Mostly advising.

I take it you like that Hi-Point?

I've been pulled on an old MOS that I've been away from for 21 years.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

BTW, the 108th is now the 108th Training Command, and has control over the 95th, 98th and the 104th. I was moved to the 98th. I've been assigned to the 364th ESC.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home