Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

It's Serious

Be Aware!
I have preached on being vigilant, and securing our Borders. It's time to listen up. The situation is serious. We need to secure our borders before invading Iran or Seria. I don't like either one of those countries either, but, we are being invaded everyday.

Rules are Rules....
Previously I mentioned in a post that I was VERY concerned about the Security at Sea Tac Airport(Seattle). I saw it, my buddy saw it and Al Qauda has seen it to. I said that I would say more on it later. (For some reaon, if I say I'm going to write about something I end up never doing it.) When Leaving and going thorugh Security my buddy is behind me..."Oh Shit!"..."What is it", I asked.
"I've got my Gerber Tool on me". A gerber Tool is a Multi Tool, Pliers, knife, etc.
Uh Oh, our bags have already been checked in.
"Is there a trash can?"
"No, don't do that!"...I could see Security going Ape with him throwing something metal and black into a trash can."Just give it to Security".
He stops a Gaurd. "Here, forgot this in my pocket(We had been up all night waiting to clear Barrackas at 2400hrs-1200AM), give it to your boy. It's a good tool"
The Gaurd shakes his head..."I can't do that. they will fire me! We have to destroy it. Wait! Are you going to Iraq?"
We both laugh..."Yeah, but, not today!"
The Gaurd shakes his head..."We have to destroy it, sorry, we have to go by the rules".
So, the Gerber Tool was destroyed. So a Caucasion with an Appalachian Accent, Military ID and nearly 24 years of Serice had to throw away a knife. Not hardly a radical Muslim.
It wasn't the Gaurds fault. The man was polite and apologetic. They only followed the rules, and us being Military we know about that.
But, who ever made up the rules was dumb.

Semper Vigilans!
Appalachain Intellectual

3 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

It's called political correctness, but it's actually political idiocy.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhmmm, that write up at SFTT is absolutely SCARY! I sure hope someone is looking for these guys...

2:46 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, I second you both.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home