Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Jello Dog Busts Out Some Rymes

Where?
I have alot going on right now. I'm taking a minute from packing and planning my weekend camping trip. At the moment I'm the only one going, maybe an old Ranger Buddy that lives over the Mountain. A few years back I didn't mind going by myself so much. That is if I was hunting, now it's a bit dull. I'm not entirely sure where I'm heading to either. I have to be able to give directions. Does that soud like a plan?

Hot, but Good
Yesterday I spent working for Uncle Sam. I basicaly had to go see a Range demonstration and then shoot the Range. Though it was hotter than sin(Heat Category 5, the highest there is) I had fun. And, when I'm with my fellow Reserevist's I feel like I'm in good company. One girl drove out to the Range and got stuck in the mud. We pushed her out and me and my buddy were splattered in mud. Where else can you go get splattered in mud and then shoot a Range other than the Army? OK, maybe the Marine Corps.

Duty
My trip to Ft. McClellan is "Involuntary", doesn't matter, I'm looking forward to going. Militarily things are starting to take shape. It's the begining of an exciting time.

Jello Dog
I went for a hike with Jello Boy and Jellouise Sunday( I left the Ruck at home). They take their dogs everywhere. Jello Boy has had Jello Dog for years, I've alway's liked her. But, it was hot and she was panting in my ear while in the car. I thought at any minute I would hear someone scratching on a Record and the Fat Boy's busting out some rymes.

Son Volt
I finaly bought a new CD. I havn't gotten one since December. It's Son Volt's "Okemah and the Melody of Riot". I'm a long time Son Volt fan. I remeber listening to Trace(one CD) when I was Deer Hunting in South Alabama where my Dad was doing contract work. Didn't get any Deer. It was a bad year, way too many Acorns. Jay Farrar, the band leader is apparently not a bad guy. He does do one song semi political(after all he is a big fan of Woody Guthrie. (Woody,if your gohst is reading, This Macine Kills Fascist too). It wasn't distasteful as much "artist" poitical rants are. I probaly agree with Jay on quite a few things.

Alright, getting back to getting something done.
Appalachian Intellectual

5 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

AI, stumbled onto this website and just wondered if you might already be familiar with it.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Hey, AGT. I am familiar with his litle books. I didn't know he had a web site though, it only makes sense. He has useful little stuf in them.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh...a Fat Boys reference? Great, now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day. Despite that, I hope you have fun camping!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thank You Marianne.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome. :-)

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home