Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, July 17, 2005


Space Needle. No, I didn't eat in it's ever so expensive restaruant. There was a pair of tenie shoes hanging over the wire there. It was too expensive if you ask me. $11 for us Military Fols and $13 for everyone else. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger janie said...

OK - I had to comment seeing the Needle! One thing about Seattle it certainly has it share of very expensive place to eat. And just going up like you did was the right thing to do. I would have much rather have you spend your $$ eating at Ray's boathouse at Shilshoe or the traditional IVAR's down at the waterfront. The list could go on...

Just to note, you could see my house or actually my hill of where I live from the Space Needle. I am west of there on a little bit of land or bluff that juts out. In the older days...we had a pretty active fort here...Fort Lawton.

A Soldier(I supported while he was in Iraq) and his wife was just here visiting and we decided to go to the Fisherman's terminal to eat. There - the Alaska fishing fleet are moored. It was hard to choose even when you knew the area!!!



Dinner time calls...my own cooking!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ah Heck. I did get a good veiw of that side of town. I more than likley gazed right at your house. If I knew I would have hoolerd, but, everyone would have stared...real hard. I ate at a place down at Pike's Market. I can't remembert he name.I am impressed with the town having so many tree's in an urban area. It's very kind of you to support deployed soldeirs the way you do.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

I did the Needle in '85, don't remember what it cost. But do remember we had lunch and while it wasn't "tie required" dress code, we (the lady friend at the time and me) was in motorcycle touring get-up and stuck out just a bit from the attire of the lunch crowd.

But, that's okay, they seated us, served us, and took our money, all the same.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

AGT sounds like you had alot of fun out there. I had fun today. I got to send rounds down range...of course I had to do it in a 100 degree heat index.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Rounds down range. I love doing that. 100 degree heat ain't a lot of fun, but still at least you're shooting.

I have not been diligent in scheduling that activity this year as much as in the past. Darnit, I'm going to have to get my priorities in order here and go out and get me some range time. I've got a couple "new" pieces that haven't even been out yet. That's not like me.

Thanks for reminding me AI that you gotta stop and smell the cordite every once in awhile. :-)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home