Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Travlin' Ed is Travlin'

My fellow Blogger, Travlin' Ed and his Mrs. is currently enroute back to the US of A from his last Duty Station in Japan(Congrats on Retirement!). He's soon due back on the Streets of Florida to make them safe for Freindliness. Give him and The Mrs. a shout out.

Appalachian Intellectual

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with Travelin' Ed travelin other than you both like them but I happened to notice that the Drive By Truckers has a girl in their band! Playing bass, no less. Which one of their CDs would you recommend for someone who is a virgin DBT listener?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, Marianne, that is a tough question. In my opinion they are all good. Some are partial to some more than others. The Lady Bass player is actualy married to one of them, Jason Isbell and she just joined the band on their last CD. Their earlier ones, Gangstabilly and Pizza Deleverance are not themed like Southern Rock Opera, Decoration Day, and The Dirty South. Alabama Ass Whoopin is live. So, take your pick.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They've won awards for their most recent CD..perhaps one should start with that one? I dig their CD cover art.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Marianne, I am also virginal, though probably less by choice than by circumstance, but I digress.

I grew up in rural NC and we loved southern rock. Wet Willie, Charlie Daniels, anything by any of the Allmans (group paced or solo) and of course, Skynyrd. Their music held up well to repeated listenings and we were always off to buy another copy of an LP that had done had it's grooves worn off from Friday nights in the trailer projects drinking.

Then, southern rock took a turn towards pitiful. All it was was songs about 1) I'm a loveable redneck, 2) I'm a blue collar working man, 3) You don't understand me 'cause I'm plainer and simpler than you. It had a beat, but come on, a southerner ain't quite that simple minded.

DBT writes southern because they don't try to. The ARE southern, so how could they help it. And they can be kinda dark. And, most importantly, like Skynyrd, they hold up well to repeated listenings. Verily.

Sorry AI, i got going and couldn't stop.
Ed

4:04 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You are absolutley right Ed.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

facebook likes
1000 facebook likes

http://www.gameculture.com/2011/03/02/red-bull-augmented-racing http://www.arrastheme.com/forums/topic5912-how-to-remove-no-comments-and-leave-a-reply-from-aboutcontact-pages.html
buy facebook likes facebook likes buy facebook likes
I just got a new laptop for christmas. I want to download limewire so i can get free music but i heard that it can get viruses. Is this true because i dont want a virus on my new laptop? ps. Its not a mac

facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home