Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Sylvan Valley

The following are pictures I took two weeks ago while Rucking, the same time I found the impressive Bear tracks(See below and incase your "Drive By Blogging", as Travlin' Ed say's, then dance around the campfire...hang around a while)
Earlier I was watching Mel Gibson's movie, The Patriot. Though it refers to some flawed history of The French and Indian War, it bares some humble truth. In this Nation's(The United States) struglle(like a kicking toddler) to break free from the Mother Country(England) we were initialy not doing so hot. The Contintetal Army was getting it's ass beat all across the North East. At last came Princton. The Contintetals could hold their heads high. I'm feircly proud of the fact that I had Ancestors who helped teach Tarleton a strong lesson at Cowpens and knock the Playboy, Stewart off of Kings Mountain. After the Revelution this is where my Fore Fathers came, and, I'm what remains.
Behold the French Broad River Valley in all of it's glory. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Domo arigato for the Cracker link. By the way, I own Gentleman's Blues, but only listened to it a couple of times. Long ago. Some part of the southern boy in me thought any band called Cracker had to be good.

That brings up another by the way. Some dude in Germany (would have to be soldier or airman, but it's not specified) got his knickers in a wad over the comic strip BC using the word honkey in one of it's puns. Got all righteously indignated for the all of us, smack dab in the middle of today's Stars & Stripes. I guess the first salvo's been fired in another round of really stupid letters to the editor.

Travelin' Ed

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home