Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Getting one in(Revised)

My Fellow Americans(and those who understand our language),
My night has ended early. So, in order to unwind(wich won't take long) I'm throwing in a post. Of course there is so much of what I want to say. Alot of it will have to wait.

It's that time...
It's time for drill weekend again. I look at how my hair has grown out and it reminds me. It's time for the 3 1/2 weeks of growth to come off. I've basicaly had a High and Tight since I was 18 years old and when it get's grown out it just doesn't feel right.

Right after last drill I was posting a rampage and poof! lost the darn thing. Apparently quite a few people had a problem about the time. Mine came from a problem on my home computer(I'm thinking about naming it). and then I wasn't feeling well either. Any way, I will come back from this one(drill) agrevated with the system's typical quirks and wanting to fix the world. Actualy I don't get all mad and put everything down. I try to see things for what they are. The Military is very standardized. As a result, sometimes peoples actions become standardized. That in it's self can be agrevating.

Real quick and then I'm going to bed. Over a year ago one of my Leaders retired. He put me and a few others in for a Medal. Well, it's nice to receive some recognition, but, not a very big deal. I have several of them. Unfortunatly some Units/People hand them out like candy, but, sometimes their earned. Everyone's Award was approved, but, mine. Mine was "lost". My former Leader(bearing the 9 Principles), followed through on his actions. He has kept checking on it up until this day(15 months). He has informed me so. Now, this is a Unit I have transfered out of. So, the Administrator doesn't realy give a damn, apparently. Again, to me, it's nice, but, not the end of the world. The Former Leader spoke to someone at the Parent Unit(Brigade) and they retyped the Order and it was approved. My former Leader carbon copied an e-mail to me enquiring about the status. I saw the reply. The Administrator wrote him a nasty gram. He was raising all kind of a fuss. Basicaly telling him he was not a part of the Army any more and should stay out of it. He was refering to us as belonging to that unit. We have all transfered out. The reason for not sending it forward? They don't have the Medals. All they have to do is see if our new unit has one and mail the Award itself. Just give me the Award and I will go buy the Oak Leaf Cluster(that means you have more than one).

The group of us left the Unit because it was deactivating and we met someone anxious to take us aboard. As I've said, it's no real big deal. Things happen, but, why be so obstinate?

Blog Notes
I deleted the post made on the 11th, "Give This a Listen". I reaslised the link was not connecting. So, no sense in having it up there.

I edited the post in the morning adding a statement or two so that it would be better understood.

Appalachin Intellectual

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well that explains the link. I thought it was just me.

Enjoy your weekend. Drillin' sounds like fun. Kinda. Maybe. Well, not really.
Travelin' Ed

2:32 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

The address was realy long, and I don't know if some of it was missing or what.

I probably will enjoy the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I'll most likley be aggrevated at some hard headed thought process. But, I like being a Soldier and being with Soldiers. It's not all bad.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home