Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The French Broad

This is a Forest Service Road once used to access clear cut's but, now in place as a fire break/access road. It is a slightly differnet veiw of the picture posted before. This Mountain is a part of the Blsam Range. Beyond the Mountains furthest out lay's South Carolina. Betwen is The French Broad River Valley, at least the upper end. The French Broad was named becuase when British Traders first penetrated the Appalachian Mountain's they noticed that it was broad and flowed towards land claimed by the French(but, ruled by the Cherokee). It's a very special river, it flows north and Geolegist tell us it's the third oldest river in the world, proceeded by The New and The Nile.
Looking across the Upper French Broad River Valley. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well, Appalachian Intellect.. you're traipsing in the area of my ancestors. They go back to Madison Co., Walnut Creek, which I believe empties into the French Broad. Here's my ancestors at the Old Buncombe Genealogy website, http://obcgs.com/davis.htm

I'm descended from Nelson Davis, one of David and Rachels sons. I'm planning to hop on the Harley this Summer and get down to Marshall, NC, and go see great-great Granpaw's grave there on Sweetwater Road. I've also got a real good friend just north of Asheville, he was born and grew up in Weaverville, so it'll be a chance to see him too.

That pic on my blog is actually a CETME, the Spanish main battle rifle. 20 rds of 7.62 NATO just as fast as you can squeeze the trigger. They do have a strong resemblance to an FN so its easy to mistake them for one. And actually, the CETME is the precursor to the German's G3 main battle rifle. I picked one up for $299 a few years back. I don't think you can touch 'em now for less than $399, so I'm real pleased I bought one when I did.

Cheers!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Marshal is down the river, but, UP. Theirs Davis's up and down the River from what I know. I've heard of Walnut Creek. I don't know the country ther though.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home