Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A Quickie Post

I was wired when I got home from work this morning. I had had a real busy night. I ended up sleeping later(I sleep twice a day when I pull Grave Yards) on a day when I have things I want to accomplish. Girl Of Latley wants to come over tommorow and the place is a little too lived in. But, it's not like I'm wife shopping either, we're just company to one another.

I also have a project I'm working on. Nothing elaborate, just a yard sale I'm getting in on with family. This is my last weekend at home for the next month. Memorial Day will be just another day, so, it's not a long one. The next weekend I have Drill again(funny schedule, right?) and then that Tuesday I fly out to Washington State.

The Drive By Truckers are playing right up the road. However, I'm going to miss them. I'm not paying $90 to see them and a few others. Now, if you could pay just for one, maybe I would go. They are a great show. "Know the Lord is coming, the South will rise again".

Local Boy's, Jupiter Coyote are supposed to be playing a freebie up town Sunday, but, I go in at mid night. I'm not a huge fan, but, they are good and being local...you get it.

I beleive I'm going to call myself Willy here. That's my old nick name from my Ranger Bn. day's. As to how I came about this conclusion is another story that I won't tell.

Much I would like to say, much I have to do.

RLTW
Willy, the Appalchian Intellectual
(No, I'm not fickle)

2 Comments:

Blogger Vance Jefferson said...

Since when do the Truckers charge $45 a show?

I saw them a couple of years at Alley Katz for $17.

Good for them. It's a hard life and apparently they've been busting their ass overseas touring.

I think I'll listen to "Southern Rock Opera" and mow the lawn.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, it's that festival thing. I've never been to the place so don't ask me. It's just too steep. Folk's have lives you know.
I saw the Tuckers for $12 at the Orange Peel was a 3hr show. at first I thought it was a bit steep for just them, but, they played for 3 solid hours...ok a 3 minute break.

Hard working band they are.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home